Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Hookt messenger app

I was using this app to let my friends on yahoo messenger keep in touch with me when I wasn't logged in then suddenly I got a text on my phone saying that I had signed out of ym & that I should hit reply & then send my password. U can't hit reply while the message is open so I tried to hit reply & then go back to the message & send my password but it says it doesn't understand my reply. I tried taking the battery out of the phone to reset it & uninstalling the app & reinstalling it but nothing has worked. If anyone else has had this problem with this app & figured out how to fix it please let me know coz I really relied on it to keep in touch with my friends. Thank u.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Hookt messenger app

[ Edited ]

You got a text asking you to hit Reply and send your password?  PLEASE tell me you didn't try to do that....PLEASE!!

Even though I know nothing about Hookt and very little about YM, I'm telling you you just got duped.  Unless you're leaving out some details, that's exactly what happened.

I need you to go to your PC immediately and login to your Yahoo Messenger and your Hookt accounts.  Go to your settings for each one and change your passwords.  Now.

Please post back once you've done that so I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.