Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

MaveRickPL wrote:

U can try fix it with your provider only when u are in contract.

Forgere it if u r in prepaid plan!

On many carriers, this is indeed the case...they do not enable BIS via prepaid plans. That is the choice of the carrier, however...not a choice by BB.

MaveRickPL wrote:.

BB just force use to buy new BB cells...

Wrong...BB is not forcing this. If you are on prepaid and the carrier chooses to not enable BIS for that, then it's your carrier who is forcing you. BB makes no instructions to carriers concerning which level of data plan to enable BIS on...the carriers make that choice.

MaveRickPL wrote:

I play litle bit with Q10 and is awesome but BB company just "die" and will be same thing. They will just turn off BIS.

Wrong again...BB has made no statements that they will shut down BIS. If memory serves me correctly, they actually have stated exactly the opposite - I haven't searched for any public information on that point, but that's what my memory is telling me. Plus, BB cannot unilaterally shut BIS down...BIS is a cooperation between BB and the carriers, they both host infrastructure to operate it.

MaveRickPL wrote:

Android 4.4.2 have a lot of "bugs" some apps dont want work properly. BB OS is perfect!

While I don't agree with "perfect", I do think it's the best available. However, "best" is a judgement call to be made by each individual...there remains no single device that satisfies the needs of 100% of the population.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Vodafone India

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys,

I have the same problem and I simply do not know how to solve this. I have gone through innumerable posts, tried a lot of things, still does not work.

Bit of a background: My BIS was all fine, when a friend of mine wanted to test it to see if his sim would work on my 9650, he out in his sim and then boom - It stopped working for me as well. My 'edge' is in small forever.

These are the things I have tried:

1.Delete and Send service books (the deletion was possible, the sending has yet to arrive)

2. Register the HRT - Keep getting a message that the 'message is sent' - Nothing happens afterwards

3. Formatted the device

4. When a service personnel of Vodafone tried my sim on his phone, the EDGE turned up fine Smiley Sad

I have also run the diagnostic tests and problem seems to be here:

Blackberry Registration:No

Connected to Blackberry:Abort

Blackberry PIN -PIN Abort

Any help woule be highly appreciated.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

pratyush_6 wrote:

1.Delete and Send service books (the deletion was possible, the sending has yet to arrive)

2. Register the HRT - Keep getting a message that the 'message is sent' - Nothing happens afterwards

3. Formatted the device

4. When a service personnel of Vodafone tried my sim on his phone, the EDGE turned up fine Smiley Sad

Your steps 1 and 2 are in the wrong order...your step 2 must succeed before attempting your step 1. Plus, there is no such thing as "format" on a BB, so your step 3 is not understandable.

Please clarify what you actually tried, with specifics, in order that you tried them...so that we can know what you've already tried and can avoid redundancy.

Also:

pratyush_6 wrote:

Bit of a background: My BIS was all fine, when a friend of mine wanted to test it to see if his sim would work on my 9650, he out in his sim and then boom - It stopped working for me as well. My 'edge' is in small forever.

Please clarify this as well. Did you or did you not get his SIM to work fully in your BB. If you did (and perhaps maybe even it it tried, but didn't work), then it is possible that his carrier now has your BB PIN locked into their BIS system, preventing your carrier from delivering BIS service to you now. One BB PIN can exist in only one BIS system anywhere in the world at any given moment. The release and re-assign to a different carrier is supposed to be automatic, but sometimes it gets stuck and you have to ring up that carrier to get them to release.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

sdgardne wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

pratyush_6 wrote:

3. Formatted the device

Your steps 1 and 2 are in the wrong order...your step 2 must succeed before attempting your step 1. Plus, there is no such thing as "format" on a BB, so your step 3 is not understandable.

Please clarify what you actually tried, with specifics, in order that you tried them...so that we can know what you've already tried and can avoid redundancy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for that quick reply. Let me clarify:

I have tried doing both (1) registering the device, and then (2) sending out service books to my cell - Both of which yielded no results. Tried registering first and then sending the service books.

3. When I say formatting : I meant wipe the device data clean from options (This still yielded no results)

Also:

pratyush_6 wrote:

Please clarify this as well. Did you or did you not get his SIM to work fully in your BB. If you did (and perhaps maybe even it it tried, but didn't work), then it is possible that his carrier now has your BB PIN locked into their BIS system, preventing your carrier from delivering BIS service to you now. One BB PIN can exist in only one BIS system anywhere in the world at any given moment. The release and re-assign to a different carrier is supposed to be automatic, but sometimes it gets stuck and you have to ring up that carrier to get them to release.

Thanks and let us know!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: His SIM did not work in my BB. We both have the same service providers by the way.

My biggest concern was this:
4. When a service personnel of Vodafone tried my sim on his phone, the EDGE turned up fine Smiley Sad. He also tried his SIM on my phone and EDGE did not work.

Hall of Famer III

pratyush_6 wrote:

Thanks for that quick reply. Let me clarify:

I have tried doing both (1) registering the device, and then (2) sending out service books to my cell - Both of which yielded no results. Tried registering first and then sending the service books.

OK thanks...just be aware that without success at the HRT, making any attempt with the Service Books is moot.

pratyush_6 wrote:

3. When I say formatting : I meant wipe the device data clean from options (This still yielded no results)

OK thanks...that's one of the steps I might have next recommended.

pratyush_6 wrote:

My biggest concern was this:
4. When a service personnel of Vodafone tried my sim on his phone, the EDGE turned up fine Smiley Sad. He also tried his SIM on my phone and EDGE did not work.

I agree. Since you've already done the WIPE, you might next want to try a ResetToFactory:

• Article ID: KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Failing that, I honestly think you need to keep working with your carrier -- it remains possible that something on the back end is just not working correctly, and only they can look at that.

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

An update on this one:

It seems as if Vodafone India is having a lot of trouble in pushing the settings (Vodafone Live)  to the device. One of my collegues suggested me to activate a 3G plan and check if it works (It did for him, with the same problem).

(All the phones with similar trouble have been bought online and are typically the unlocked phones from Verizon)

This morning I activated a 3G plan and volia - everything is back to normal. I register on HRT, the settings are back, the service books are back. EDGE is back.

Have provided the feedback to Vodafone.

Hall of Famer III

I'm glad you got it resolved.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: student

Hi
I'm using a BlackBerry 9800.I have activate a data plan but host routing table is empty.I haven't received a registration massege.can you help me to register with it?
Hall of Famer III

thisal wrote:
Hi
I'm using a BlackBerry 9800.I have activate a data plan but host routing table is empty.I haven't received a registration massege.can you help me to register with it?

Hello,

Please read and try what is already discussed in this thread..I am 99.999999% positive that your answer is already posted above, and it will be much quicker for you to find it on your own rather than waiting for others to respond. Note carefully please that, other than the steps already posted in this thread, there is nothing anyone here can do to force your BB to register...no one here works for BB nor your carrier, and it is they that must conduct the registration (if it is even possible).

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900,9860
My Carrier: Airtel,MTN

My phone is 9900 and when i register with the HRT am recieving a "your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". but i cant access BIS and its not recieving any service book entries. can i provide the PIN you help me check why its not receiving the service books and my network provider told me that its not registered to HTR but am receiving the message stated abouve.