Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telstra

Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register

when i go in to register through my wireless network it tell me this:

Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available??

What do i need to do?

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you have a strong signal from your mobile service provider (Telstra, according to your profile here) AND your voice level services (calls, voice mail, SMS) are all working fine (and are definitely from the proper carrier) AND you are properly subscribed to a BB data plan (from your provider), THEN you need to ring up your mobile service provider for formal support. It is their network with which your BB is having trouble communicating, and only they can look "behind the scenes" to figure out why.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

b4 this i had reset my phone back to factory setings to get my IT policy out the way. thought this would have been enough to get BBM to work!!!!

however i have contact Telstra an they are unable to get into the account as this was purchase off a company...is there any other way i can get my phone to except data traffic?

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Nope...only someone who can look "behind the scenes" at the carrier systems can figure out why this is not working. No one here can do that.

But...now that you've provided new information...when you did the ResetToFactory, what did you do next? For instance, if before you had taken a full backup, and after the ResetToFactory you did a full restore, then you have simply placed that IT Policy back onto your BB, leaving you right back where you started. When removing an IT Policy, you need to be sure and do a selective backup or restore, including only those databases you require, and specifically avoiding any that have to do with IT Policy:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Further still, if the BES system to which your BB was attached did not get configured to remove your BB, then that BES system may well reach out and try to reactivate your BB, which will again put you right back where you started. Before doing the ResetToFactory, you must be sure that your BB is not still configured in that BES system.

So, given all of that, is there anything else you can tell us about your situation? For instance, I notice in the official download portal that Telstra does not even support the 9105 natively. Typically, when that is the case, there are very challenging "tricks" that must be done in order to get that device working on their network (if, indeed, they are even willing to allow it...it is their network, after all). So, originally when you got it to work on their network, you likely had to do some tricks...and now that you've wiped your BB, you must do those tricks again as the WIPE removed everything from the BB that was enabling it to function on their network at all.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi there,

the only thing that i restored after resetting my back-up was my address book!! should i restore anything more than that like the BIS Account?

Look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Sorry didnt really make sence what i wrote b4....

What i was meant to say was the only thing i restored after resetting my phone to factory setting was my address book should i restore anything more than that? should i restore my BIS Account?

Hall of Famer III

You could try...but honestly until you get the HRT to populate from the Telstra system, not much else is going to matter. And, again, only they can look at their system to help figure out why.

But I suspect is has to do with your BB not being natively supported by their network...which, again, requires you to re-do whatever "tricks" you originally did to get this BB to work on their network. But I have no idea what "tricks" you had to do to accomplish that.

Good luck!