Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000, v5.0.0.464
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Host Routing Table registration

Hi, 

I have an Unlocked Wind Blackberry Bold 9700 that is working fine on the Fido netowrk, however curiosity got the best of me and I was messing around with the Host Routing Table.  I selected the menu key on one of them and clicked Register Now.  Everything is still working fine, but did I mess anything up? 

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Host Routing Table registration

No damage done.

What did should have caused a new registration message to be sent to your device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000, v5.0.0.464
My Carrier: Fido

I did receive a message.  But what does that mean? 

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

michaelquan21 wrote:

I did receive a message.  But what does that mean? 

It means your device is registered on the network.

That is a good thing.

DonWorryaboutIt!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

mine says message sent but dont get a reply how long does it take

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi,

I'm just using a Blackberry Bold 9700. When I selected the key Host Routing Table, there was *no entries* popped up on my phone. What does it mean? Is something wrong with my phone?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

syah_eiy wrote:

Hi,

I'm just using a Blackberry Bold 9700. When I selected the key Host Routing Table, there was *no entries* popped up on my phone. What does it mean? Is something wrong with my phone?

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Possibly...are there any other symptoms that concern you?

What does your carrier network symbol say? It should be 3G, EDGE, GPRS, 1XEV, GSM, or something similar. If it is lower case, then you are not properly attached to your carrier network and will need to contact your carrier for assistance.

If it is upper case, then what happens when you send the HRT as described above?

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi again!

The phone can connect to wireless connection but not to 3G. The carrier network symbol says 3G. I am currently using O2 pay as you go with 500mb data on internet but apparently, I cannot get access to the internet via O2 3G. I am wondering if there is an error with the browser setting or something, since I can get access to the internet if I put the same simcard on different phone.

Also, I tried a few time at HRT to 'register now' but there were nothing happened.

Thank you for your concern.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Typically, on PAYGo plans, there is not the full BB-level of services and the native browser does not work. For that, you need a full BB data plan. See this FAQ for the differences:

I can't tell you if your data plan is generic or BB-specific...only your carrier can tell you that for sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

@sdgardne

I'm facing a similar problem with my Bold 9700, which I bought on Ebay. It was originally for T-Mobile but the phone has been unlocked. I am able to send and receive SMS/MMS and to make phone calls. I'm also able to connect to wi-fi and use WAP internet connections.

I am, however, unable to use blackberry service apps (facebook, live messenger, bbm) and unable to use blackberry for e-mail (other than using the browser to access gmail webpage).

I've tried getting service from two different providers and none of them worked. When I inserted my SIM card into my friend's phone, her phone automatically registered into the the network and her Host Routing Table got populated.

My Host Routing Table is always empty, even though I have contracted BIS services. Also, even though I contracted BIS I get the menu option "Enterprise Services" under the "Advanced Options" menu.

I tried downgrading and then re-upgrading my phone software, but I'm still stuck in the same spot. It's as if RIM did not recognize the existance of my phone. But I am able to use my PIN to access WorldAPP (through wi-fi).

What can I do to get my BOLD 9700 to accept the BIS service that I contracted?