Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9910
My Carrier: Du

Host Routing is empty

[ Edited ]

Dear RIM,

i have an issue with my bbm since it is not woirking eventhough my provider (du in UAE) is saying that my services is activated and RIM is not accepting the bbm.

please let me know how to resolve this issue. bbm pin (personal info removed)

many thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Host Routing is empty

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

mkheshen wrote:

Dear RIM, 

Let's start there...please review the information in the top banner on every page in this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site has nothing whatsoever to do with formal support from BlackBerry. If your carrier told you to come here so as to contact BlackBerry, then whoever at your carrier that told you that does not know what they are talking about. Only via formal escalation from your carrier can you seek formal support from BlackBerry...you cannot bypass your carrier for that. If they needed assistance from BlackBerry, then they need to use their channels to seek that out.

mkheshen wrote:

i have an issue with my bbm since it is not woirking eventhough my provider (du in UAE) is saying that my services is activated and RIM is not accepting the bbm. 

Given your subject line, I find it hard to believe that only BBM is affected...without an HRT, no BB-proprietary data services should work. No email, no BB Protect, etc. Perhaps the only thing you have so far tried is BBM. In any event, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should continue working with your mobile service provider for formal support and, if needed, proper escalation to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hey,

thank you for your efforts but the below steps did not succeed. please let me know further details.

New Contributor

please note that the routing host is still empty.

Visitor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodacom

[ Edited ]

my host table is empty, my fonenuse to b contract with mtn, when the contract expired, my bbm, app world everything bb stoped working, i then got a vodacom sim. the bis is active on the network but not my fone, iv sent registration messages n pain my bis fo the mnth but stil nothing, my pin is (personal info removed) please help me

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

mkheshen wrote:

hey,

thank you for your efforts but the below steps did not succeed. please let me know further details.

Then, as I already said above:

• "If not, then you should continue working with your mobile service provider for formal support and, if needed, proper escalation to BlackBerry"

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Zeste wrote:
my host table is empty, my fonenuse to b contract with mtn, when the contract expired, my bbm, app world everything bb stoped working, i then got a vodacom sim. the bis is active on the network but not my fone, iv sent registration messages n pain my bis fo the mnth but stil nothing, my pin is xxxxxxx please help me

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your resolution is no different than what has already been discussed in this thread.

Good luck!