Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Hosted Exchange Email on my blackberry

I am new to this, but have had a blackberry for years.  My question is the following, and if anyone can help...please do!

I need to receive emails from an address that I have both the domain and exchange for hosted by netnation.  Everytime i try and set this up it wont work.  Has anyone had issues with this before?  Is it because the exchange is hosted by a 3rd party?  It says the server name isnt valid.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Hosted Exchange Email on my blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi Amundy,

BIS accounts need to have pop3 access in order to send emails.

Blackberry Servers are prettty clever and can "guess" some standard setups for Web access (ie OWA, Hotmail, etc) but you may need to go into the advanced options to manually specify all the details.

If the basic setup doesnt work then you may need to try the other setup options.

Do you have Outlook Web Access to that account?

Or is it like a "Hotmail type" (webpage access only) service?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I am not familiar with netnation...

PPS: Checked the website, it appears to have popups requried, so it can force the ads to your browser.

It appears to be a web only interface, although you can downoad a plug-in (re:Hack) to get it to sync with MS Outlook.

I'd say that yes,m they have all sorts of servers redirecting things so that they can force ads to their customers PC's so they can get paid and still offer a free email service...

I dont know if BB will work with this. You may need to get the IT of netnation (if you can get access to them,) to  confirm if BB will work and to get the exact settings required to work....

Sorry! Smiley Sad

Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 05-14-2009 12:12 PM

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here