Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hotmail - Read/Unread status

Is there a way to keep messages marked as read on Hotmail (web) even if I open them on my Blackberry?

e.g. currently on my gmail account, if I read (or even delete - handheld only) a message on my blackberry... and I open my gmail account on my computer via a browser, I can still see the message marked unread. Would like to do the same on hotmail.

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Hotmail - Read/Unread status

Do you mean to keep messages mark as UNREAD in hotmail instead of READ?

If so, go to Messages > Options >  Email Reconcilation > change Message Services to your hotmail acct, change Delete on to Handheld only, and Wireless Reconcile to OFF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Do I understand correctly that following these steps will keep the two sources reconciled with the only exception being that the message will not be marked as "read" on my desktop?  When I try to adjust the setting, I get a warning message that implies that more than just the "read/unread" marker will change.

Basically, I want to be able to open an email on my BB, look at it and have the "unread" indicator on my BB turned off.  However, I typically read messages on my BB to know what they are and perhaps deal with the rare message that is both critical and for which the answer is short.  For example, unless I really have to deal with a BB message right away, I just read the first couple lines before deciding that I will get to it when I'm back at my desktop.  Therefore, the messages I read on my BB aren't truly "read" most of the time.  When I get back to my desktop email, I don't want to be fooled into thinking that I've dealt with the email.  So I want it to remain marked as unread on my desktop.  But I want the BB and desktop to be fully synchronized otherwise.

Please advise.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Having the same sync issues here with hotmail... Any info would be great.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

I'm having the same issue, except the reverse...

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

All reconciliation features are governed by this LB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

If you turn wireless reconciliation off, then you turn off ALL reconciliation...you cannot turn off just one component of reconciliation.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................