Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Hotmail icon missing...?

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I recently updated my device software to 5.0.0.681, and shortly afterwards I configured my Blackberry with my Hotmail address. When I did so I noticed a message towards the end of the e-mail setup process saying a new icon had been added to my home screen (an envelope with a globe at the bottom). I couldn't find this particular icon but assumed that my existing envelope icon was what the dialog had referred to.

However, on browsing through the picture folders on my device I found a .png file which had what appeared to be a Hotmail specific 'new message' icon which (I imagined) would appear on the envelope upon receiving a message from that account. I tried e-mailing myself to see if it would work but instead got the standard new message icon, I.E a white asterix on a red circle.

In my attempts to correct this I deleted my e-mail account and made it again. The .png file has now disappeared and I still can't seem to get Hotmail specific 'new message' icons.

It may seem like an insignificant problem but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

PS: As far as I can tell this is the icon I'm looking for....

Blog-Hotmail-Image.jpg

Cheers. Man Very Happy