Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Hourglass won't go away.

[ Edited ]
I am a new BB owner, and so far this has been a great tool. I have only had my 8330 for a couple of days, but now I have this hourglass that keeps popping up on my screen.It has been doing this for at least 24 hours. Everytime it does this my phone lags and slows down. I have tried shutting down the phone and removing the battery. Is there a way to stop my BB from doing this or is it a defect in the phone?
Message Edited by t1lvllvly on 08-20-2008 07:51 PM
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Hourglass won't go away.

Does it eventaully go away or it doesn't boot into the home screen? If you've already tried removing the battery for 30 seconds the next step may be to reload the handheld software to see if the problem gets resolved
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

okay, here's a question :
from the home screen :
Options >> status
can you read the two values ?
File free:
File total:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

the phone starts up and i can access anything i need on it. but the hourglass never goes away, and it is killing my batterylife (wont last for more than 6 hours). and i took the battery out of the phone and left it out for about 15 minutes before i put it back in.
Contributor

file free: 43568148

file total: 83623936

and the phone is under a week old and has no extras added on to it at this point

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

t1lvllvly wrote:
I am a new BB owner, and so far this has been a great tool. I have only had my 8300 for a couple of days, but now I have this hourglass that keeps popping up on my screen.It has been doing this for at least 24 hours. Everytime it does this my phone lags and slows down. I have tried shutting down the phone and removing the battery. Is there a way to stop my BB from doing this or is it a defect in the phone?

When your Blackberry does that, it means it is trying to launch a special application designed to claim back memory. Please read the following discussion (page 2). I believe you never close an application (just hide it).

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=738&view=by_date_ascen...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

i went through and checked what applications are running, and there are only the 5 main apps (browser, messenger, etc.). i went and redownloaded the software for both the desktop and device, but to no avail. i still have the stupid hourglass popping on and off. i may end up just taking it back to the store i bought it from.
My Device: Not Specified

I am having this same problem.  Can somebody help me please?  I've tried everything!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

T1lvilvy,

I'd take it back, it may have a defect more serious that a software glitch,

Why pay for something that needs to be fixed in a week?

Just my opinion.

If you agree, please take time and resolve the post using the options over the Kudo's star!

Thanks!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-23-2008 09:09 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi feather319 and welcome to the forums,

Is your device new as well??

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter