Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How Do I....

Okay, this makes sense.  It gives you the option of using a ringtone or a music file so I just had to pick the music file.  Thank you.  Is there a way to crop down music files so you can apply sections of songs?  Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Timtheroofer wrote:
Okay, this makes sense.  It gives you the option of using a ringtone or a music file so I just had to pick the music file.  Thank you.  Is there a way to crop down music files so you can apply sections of songs?  Thanks in advance.

Try this program to crop your mp3 into smaller "ringtone' bits.

Sound Editor

Good luck!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Forums Advisor I

I Found My Ringtones in SOUNDS FOLDER. I Would Have NEVER to LOOK There !!!

Also I Followed JAMES Instructions To ADD MP3 or preloaded to Each Contact, THANKS JAMES

Its Fun Learning How to use a BLACKBERRY STORM Phone This is My FIRST One Ever

Forums Advisor I

WHY Would You Want to CROP a Mp3 Tune Id Rather Have it Play Thru Cause I Sometimes Dont Answer Quickly

I still Use VERIZONS RINGBACK Service But I Have to Go To Their Website To Change Tunes.

Contributor

I would need a Mac version which I couldn't find but thank you.  Like the above poster, this is my first BB and it's pretty fun figuring it all out.
Regular Contributor

Windos1953 wrote:

I Found My Ringtones in SOUNDS FOLDER. I Would Have NEVER to LOOK There !!!

Also I Followed JAMES Instructions To ADD MP3 or preloaded to Each Contact, THANKS JAMES

Its Fun Learning How to use a BLACKBERRY STORM Phone This is My FIRST One Ever

You're welcome!   It is great learning new stuff.  I believe most of the people that didn't/don't like the Storm isn't merely because they haven't sat down and given it a chance.   It's a great device!

Good luck on learning more new things and Happy Holidays!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Regular Contributor

Windos1953 wrote:

WHY Would You Want to CROP a Mp3 Tune Id Rather Have it Play Thru Cause I Sometimes Dont Answer Quickly

I still Use VERIZONS RINGBACK Service But I Have to Go To Their Website To Change Tunes.

Some songs have great sections in them, but the whole song is not a good ringtone.  Maybe the intro is quite or something, so cropping it would give you the 'best' of the song for the ringtone. 

Take care!

Jamie

Regular Contributor

Timtheroofer wrote:
I would need a Mac version which I couldn't find but thank you.  Like the above poster, this is my first BB and it's pretty fun figuring it all out.

Yeah, I am a PC kinda guy so I can't help you there. 

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Jamie

Contributor

Because some songs start quiet and you cant hear them.  Maybe the chorus is the part that applies to the person you attach the song to.  There are lots of reasons really.
Forums Advisor I

Jamie

I Followed the Add Ringtone to Contacts?

I Tried It & Got as far As The List of Mp3s ? What I Found is NOT All Tunes Are available for Ringtones.

How Can I Get The Tune I want As a RINGTONE? I Used the Blackberry Media Sync Tool. The Song Was Not There Either but i'll Keep Checking