Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How Do We Add Contacts To Categories On BB Curve 9300?

[ Edited ]

After two years of service complaints BlackBerry has not resolved issue KB19631 or the issue with blackberry desktop manager not syncing category groups correctly from apple address book to blackberry phones. These phone range from $200 to $600 bucks and Im in dismay about how the most important key features do not work?? 

The new Blackberry Curve 9300 allows us to add individual categories and each contact to these categories we create on the phone one by one. I just bought this expensive phone and I would think that I would not have to spend 8 hours adding 300 contacts to each group category.

Im tired of downloading apps that say they sync all categories and do not. Is there a way to select a category on this phone then scroll through the contact list selecting each name that belongs in that category? 

KB19631 Issue with address book: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19631