Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

How Do You Restore Backups & Paid for Apps to a Replacement Blackberry Torch 9800 Without the Original Phone?

We bought 2 new Blackberry Torch 9800 phones through Radio Shack and received them on the beginning of December. One works great and the other one had issues. Radio Shack required that we return it to them and then they sent us the new Blackberry Torch 9800 replacement.

The problem is when my husband opened the Blackberry Desktop Software program to get the apps he just bought 2 weeks ago with the other Blackberry we find the Blackberry Desktop Software program requires that he connect the old phone. We don't have it, Radio Shack required that it be returned to them.  Is there a way to input the backups he had done from the old Blackberry to the new phone without having the Blackberry Torch we had to return?  Also how can he get the apps he bought through the Blackberry App Store?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: How Do You Restore Backups & Paid for Apps to a Replacement Blackberry Torch 9800 Without the Original Phone?

As long as he took a backup of the old Torch just before he returned it then ignore the option to switch settings etc over from an old phone when you first plug the new BB in and then use the restore option in the menu.

When he signs into Blackberry App World it will show him all the apps he purchased and he can reinstall them from there.

Not sure how it will work when you do the email accounts, but as long as you get the registration message appear on the blackberry, log into your carriers BIS site and you should be able to confirm the device switch there,