Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: PASSPORT - Model SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2474
My Carrier: AT&T

Retrieving PHOTOS only from Backup to Computer

I have a TORCH 9800.

I just backedup everything on my phone - including photos.

I left unchanged that he photos be backed up to my PC's "MyPictures/Blackberry folder.

There was no available option of; "Backup Photos Only".

I had unchecked the box that would have retained the photos on my Torch.

After backup, it appears that all of my photos and data, etc. were backed up to "MyDocuments/Blackberry/Backup" - but none of my photos was backed up to the path I had requested.

Bummer.

Anyone out there know how I can get my photos out of its draconian storage cell?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Retrieving PHOTOS only from Backup to Computer

Hello -- hence the reason I recommend a manual copy, via USB Mass Storage Mode, of the contents of your Device and Media Card memory areas. I have never trusted the ability of the Desktop Software to properly protect the data I can see. I always manually copy the data I can see, even if the backup is configured to include them. Just to be safe.

If the files remain on your BB, then you can still do this manual copy.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: guarantying

Re: How To Backup Your BlackBerry

I bought a fairly used blackberry torch but couldn't delete the pictures from the media. What can I do. I guess there is a back-up of those pictures.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How To Backup Your BlackBerry

blackberrytorch wrote:
I bought a fairly used blackberry torch but couldn't delete the pictures from the media. What can I do. I guess there is a back-up of those pictures.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You are going to need to expand on what you describe...too much guesswork required from too few words.

Start here:

If the seller did not complete all of their steps properly, then you may be left in a bad situation...some of the steps can only be done by the account holder of record at the prior carrier, and that's not you.

You also will need to expand on what "couldn't delete the pictures from the media card" means. What, exactly, do you try? What, exactly, happens? Any error messages?

Further, expand on "I guess there is a back-up of those pictures"...what does that mean? How do you come to that conclusion?

I'm not at all sure how to guide you based on what you have so far presented...sorry...but please provide more so that we can understand and thereby provide useful advice.

Let us know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................