Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How To Delete Downloaded (but not installed) Apps

Hi,

I accidentally pressed the download button when I was looking at an app and it downloaded and it's now sitting in the My World section of App World. It says "Ready To Install" but I do not want to install it because I did not intend to download it. How do I delete this file? When I highlight it and click the BlackBerry button, I do not get an option to delete this file -- only Help, Show Memory Bar, Log In, Install, Switch Application, and Close. Did RIM forget to add an option to delete? Is the only way to get rid of this file now is to insall it and then uninstall it?

Thanks for your help!

Developer
Developer

Re: How To Delete Downloaded (but not installed) Apps

Please do the following to delete an app:

1. Go to the main screen of your device

2. Search for the Options-App and open it

3. Go to Advanced Options 

4. Go to Applications

5. Search for the app by name

6. Highlight it

7. Menu

8. Delete

Regular Contributor

Yes, but that's what you do to delete an app that has been installed. But as I have stated in my original post, I have not installed this app. It has only been downloaded and its status now is "Ready to Install." Is there any way of deleting an app that has only been downloaded and not installed?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I don't think so. I think that once you start the download/install sequence that you must complete it in order to then uninstall the app. Since it's stuck and not installing anyway, there's really no harm save for it being listed this way in your MyWorld. But, you could click it and finish the install, then follow the normal instructions to uninstall it I suppose.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I guess I will have to do this since there doesn't appear to be any way to delete the file. It's easy to accidentally press Download with the trackball since it sometimes moves as you push it in (I had intended to read the reviews). So RIM..... if you're reading this, either ask the user to confirm to download or have an option to delete a downloaded file that has not been installed.