Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

Stever13, did you see my previous message? Try a new battery as that may be the cause of the problem. If that still doesn't work, then it's a hardware issue. Could be due to water damage, or other.

I hope that info helps.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

Yes but wanted to try the other answer first because I don't have access to a battery that fits my phone. And don't want to buy another if it isn't go to fix my phone.

It's definitely not water damage because the white screen started overnight when the phone was next to my bed. And it hasn't been anywhere near water from what I can recall.

Now the screen isn't even white. It just has the LED flashing red light. Does a double flash then pauses. Any thoughts on what this means?

I've looked about on the internet and people suggest that it may be due to the LCD connection to the screen being lost? People have resealed with electric tape?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

That's a possibility... but that still could be a battery issue too. Of course it could be something even worse and may be an issue with an internal component such as the motherboard. See if you can pop into an O2 store and maybe they will have a battery there that you can just try. At least this will let you know if that is indeed a battery issue or if it's something more serious.

As to any connection issues with the screen, you can try taking your phone into a cellphone repair shop (many computer repair shops can also do this), or if you're adventurous, there are videos online showing how to open your phone. But be aware that you do so at your own risk and it could cause permanent damage to your phone if you mishandle the components.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

Open up the blackberry device manager, which is in notification area. When your phone is not connected, it will not show up as a connected device. If your phone is even partially alive, it should show up as a connected device when you connect it to the PC. If your phone doesn't show up as a connected device, then it probably has a hardware problem. If it does show up as a connected device, take a look at this: http://www.blackberryos.com/blackberry-how-guides/6175-how-recover-nuked-blackberry-pictures.html. This process is a bit different than the other link.

Samsung Galaxy S5
New Contributor
My Device: 9000 bold
My Carrier: orange

how do i repair mi 9000 with jum error 102 reset message??
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Lamence, read the initial post in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9000 bold
My Carrier: orange

Re: How To Reload software 507 for bb 9000

hw to reload software 507

Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: How To Reload software 507 for bb 9000

Go to http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp and download desktop software (DM) and the most recent OS for your phone from your carrier. Install DM and the OS. Reboot your PC. Start DM. Connect your phone. DM should offer to install the OS on your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S5
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: MTN-South Africa

Krypto the instructions are not working for me instead whats happening is , i get an error message. My device reboots while the back-up process is in progress, then the error message saying a connection failed, as for the phone it now no longer work i do not even have network coverage. please get to me with a response regarding this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: MTN-South Africa

its not working, i reloaded the software, it still is the same....

even worse i know have to accept that agreement application which i cannot scroll to accept, so now my phone is just sitting there on that stupid page.... making it  impossible for me to even navigate.

Im really getting frustated with this blackberry thing it has given me problems since three weeks of owning it and ever since now the things have just been going on a downward spiral