Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

Hi i dont mind reloading my os but what i dont like is that everytime i do that i have to download my bb apps manually all over is there anyway i can have back upmy bb applications and just reload them.Thanks.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

There is a way to do that using the info in the following link:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-backing-3rd-party-applications-your-blackberry

That said though, an update is coming to App World which will make this process much easier as well. Feel free to check out the BlackBerry Beta Zone at http://blackberry.com/beta if you'd like a preview.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: T mobile

Hi Krypto,

maybe you can help me.

I have a bb curve8900. It is an unlocked bb which  was purchased in France and the operator was Orange.

I am with t mobile now. The OS ia have 4.6. I would like to upgrade to os5.

I followed the steps you gave, (  backed up my file, wiped the device . then I installed os5 on my pc. Deleted the vendor file . Connected my device to my pc and clicked on loader.exe.wiped my device and when I double clicked the installer i got the message:

"The blackberry desktop software does not have black berry device software for the device you have connected to your computer.Contact your wireless provider or system admin"

the desktop manager doesn't see the os5 that is installed on the pc.

Highlighted
Elite I

Hi kamalmisc,

When this happens, there's an extra Vendor.xml file on your computer. Search your C:\ drive for this file and delete it (if memory serves, it will be in the folder named C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML).

Note: you may need to show hidden files and folders first. To do this in Windows Explorer, go to Organize > Folders and Search Options > View and select Show hidden files and folders.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hi thanks for the info on how to reload the operating system but what i did was i just wiped the fone clean because i got a bb 9900 because my bb curve 8520 is still doing the white screen thing where the screen just fades and stays while and i have to take off the battery and it reboots and this continuosly happens i thought was the case i bought was too tight but i proved it was not i also thought it was the battery and i proved it was not but what i realise now is that when i leave the charger on it works perfectly fine.Any help thanks...
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: T mobile

you are the best that did the trick. thanks again

Elite I

starbright01 wrote:
Hi thanks for the info on how to reload the operating system but what i did was i just wiped the fone clean because i got a bb 9900 because my bb curve 8520 is still doing the white screen thing where the screen just fades and stays while and i have to take off the battery and it reboots and this continuosly happens i thought was the case i bought was too tight but i proved it was not i also thought it was the battery and i proved it was not but what i realise now is that when i leave the charger on it works perfectly fine.Any help thanks...

Hi starbright01, you tried another battery, right?  If so and it's still doing it, you're likely looking at a hardware issue.  If you haven't tried a different battery yet, do so, even if you think the old one is still working fine.  That's the only real way to make sure it isn't a battery issue. 

Elite I

kamalmisc wrote:

you are the best that did the trick. thanks again

Awesome!  Glad to help!

Contributor

Ok thanks i will change the battery and see it that works.Thanks.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 1und1

Hi

I made sure that there is no vendor.xml on my computer. as I deleted it. There was only one in the
Appload  folder.

Then I started the loader exe. It came up with a screen: Smiley Frustratedelection of device Applcation.

There is the an apllication shown which I can select or deselect via marker.

the Application shown is : Wireless Misic Sync.

It makes no different whether I select it or or not , On the next screen the loader always checks something
and then it finishs by saying  decice Applikation installed.    All this appears in one minute.

Thanks a lot for your hints and help 

Speedi25