Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

speedi25 wrote :

The File I loaded down from German TELECOM for update  is:

9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2061_PL5.1.0.532_A7.1..0.714.exe  (289.106 KB)

currently OS 7.0 Bundle 1455(v7.0.0.296) is running on my Bold 9900

EXE can be found  here for download if you need it

https://updateservice.t-mobile.net/blackberry/download/folder.do?ref=%2Fservices%2Fwww%2Fshared%2Fup...

Hi speedi25

I have check the link you provided, But I getting something different its like this :

SIZE: 256 MB

But you are getting something different and also look at the File size you mentioned ( 289.106 KB ). So please re-check and download it again .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 1und1

Hi

Thanks prince2012.

I deleted all blackberry related software on my PC

reboot the Pc

checked that there is no vendor.xml

downloaded : https://updateservice.t-mobile.net/blackberry/download/download.do?ref=%2Fservices%2Fwww%2Fshared%2F...

with 256 MB

checked the size

installed the named software

rebooted the Pc

seached for vendor.xml

found 1

deleted found vendor.xml

started loader.exe as admin

connection PC - BB 9900 OK

Panel : SELECTION of DEVICE APPLICATION was shown

Entry   Wireless Musik Sync    is marked

forward button was selected/pressed

Panal :  No action to be taken

back  or finish button available.

I'm helpless and disapointed.

Speedi25

Contributor

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started the loader.exe as admin

I connected the BB 9900 without Accu with my PC

Now the PC tied severaltimes to connect to the PC
I marked the box for automatic Communicationport recognition

Then there was a connection lost

Did the same again

A crossed battary sign was shown on the BB

I inserted the accu

Connection lost

Did the whole steps again

and it worked

OP 7.0.714  successfully instsalled

As my BB 9900 is new , it took only  ca.10 minutes to install 7.1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          I have not a handy I have a BLACKBERRY             !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you

Speedi25

'

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

speedi25 wrote : 

Did the whole steps again

and it worked

OP 7.0.714  successfully instsalled

As my BB 9900 is new , it took only  ca.10 minutes to install 7.1

Hi speedy25

That's great ! finally your device is on OS 7.1 ,And you can see its not as hard as it seems.

Prince

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi I purchase my Torch 9800 from the a retailer and its not tied to any service provider. Now I want tor reload the OS as its corrupt. Is there a way I can find the generic release of OS. The current version is 6.0 Bundle 695. When I click update, it says there isn't any update available? Much appreciate if any one can help. I've googled a lot but everywhere it says get in touch with your service provider from where you bought the device, but mine is a direct purchase and not tied to any service provide.
Contributor

Don't use Desktop software. 
Download device software from the site prince 2012 mentioned.

Delete vendor.xml from your PC  (see first note in this forum)   
Execute Device software and connect your device without battery

Perhaps you have to figure around with accu on /off
Look up my procedure in this forum

Good luck.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

karanintouch wrote:
Hi I purchase my Torch 9800 from the a retailer and its not tied to any service provider. Now I want tor reload the OS as its corrupt. Is there a way I can find the generic release of OS. The current version is 6.0 Bundle 695. When I click update, it says there isn't any update available? Much appreciate if any one can help. I've googled a lot but everywhere it says get in touch with your service provider from where you bought the device, but mine is a direct purchase and not tied to any service provide.

There is no 'generic' software, you make any carrier's released OS to be generic, by deleting the 'vendor.xml' as described many times in this thread.

Again:

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry pearl 9100
My Carrier: Rogers wireless

The posts and intructions providid here ONLY cover windows, is there ANYTHINg for mac os x or anyone on you team that can provide instructions for MAC osx?

also the small software install disk provided in the shipping box does NOT fit in nor work on the iMac flat panal intel computers, they ONLY take standard sized discs, if I requir a blackberry manager soft ware for my mac WHERE can I get ?

Contributor

what about Mac OS X? your only providing instructions for Windows, how about us mac users please? and is linux even supported?

Contributor

hmmm I did some checking on the file downloads you provide on your web page, the smart phone updates are .EXE only, that means they can NOT be downloaded onto a mac computer as mac is .app  .exe is WINDOWS ONLY, and I can find NO support for linux eitehr ,  black berry is not supported by linux or mac os x, the ONLY thing i can do acess my sd micro memory card and upload my photo's and video's.