Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

Again though, iDEN uses different technology than is available in the 9700, so it still won't work.  The iDEN radio bands operate in different radio bands than are available on the 9700, meaning that the 9700 cannot connect to those bands.

Alas, this is the catch with using unlocked devices... you need to ensure that the network you want to connect them to is also compatible, and in this case, it's not.

Sorry the news isn't more positive.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Krypto wrote:
Given everything you've tried, I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with the memory on the phone itself (i.e. I'm leaning towards your thoughts that this might be a hardware issue).  Is there any chance your phone is still under warranty?  If so, I'd take it in for repair/replacement.

I'm sending my Blackberry in for repair/replacement today. Hopefully all will be resolved shortly.

Thanks for the help Krypto. I'll let you know what the problem was, if I get to know it.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

i did the above proceedure, when it comes to the 2nd step reconnecting to JVM an error pops up saying " connection prompt  Application loader was unble to connect to your device, please re-connect the device, enter password  if required, and click retry" I did all the possible ways but nothing happening please HELP ME

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Worked great  thanks. The guy at the AT&T store told me I should just wait (contract up in about 2 weeks) and get a new phone.  Can't wait to tell them I did it myself!  Don't need to spend $ for as new phone!

Elite I

huzefanoble wrote:

i did the above proceedure, when it comes to the 2nd step reconnecting to JVM an error pops up saying " connection prompt  Application loader was unble to connect to your device, please re-connect the device, enter password  if required, and click retry" I did all the possible ways but nothing happening please HELP ME

Hi huzefanoble,

Sorry for the delay in responding... did you manage to complete the loading process?  If not, please let me know and I'll help further.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

Nan456 wrote:

Worked great  thanks. The guy at the AT&T store told me I should just wait (contract up in about 2 weeks) and get a new phone.  Can't wait to tell them I did it myself!  Don't need to spend $ for as new phone!

Hi Nan456,

I'm glad to hear it worked well for you!  Enjoy and feel free to let us know if you ever have any other issues!

New Contributor
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Krypto,

I have a BB 8700 (yes, I know, an oldie but goodie) because I actually like the trackwheel on the side...  I got it in January of this year from Tiger Direct & 3 days after the warranty ran out it started locking up, re-booting itself, freezing & being a general pain in the **bleep**.  I attempted the O/S reinstall as you beautifully detailed it & it seemed to work for a week, then it was back to the old tricks again.

Any other ideas?  I really like this BB because of its size, the trackwheel and the keyboard & really have no desire of getting one of the later models.

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Hey, I have a Bold 9650 from Sprint. The phone starts to boot up then before the bar loads completely I get a 507 Reload software white screen. Ive downloaded and installed the Device software from Sprints web site, try to get the loader to see the phone but it doesnt work. It seems to only be able to connect to the phone for a slpit second. Jst enough to get the pin. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas? Shame to have such an expensive paper weight. Ive tried all the basics.

Tom

Elite I

IFC20 wrote:

Krypto,

I have a BB 8700 (yes, I know, an oldie but goodie) because I actually like the trackwheel on the side...  I got it in January of this year from Tiger Direct & 3 days after the warranty ran out it started locking up, re-booting itself, freezing & being a general pain in the **bleep**.  I attempted the O/S reinstall as you beautifully detailed it & it seemed to work for a week, then it was back to the old tricks again.

Any other ideas?  I really like this BB because of its size, the trackwheel and the keyboard & really have no desire of getting one of the later models.

Hi IFC20, if you're continuing to have problems, my inclination is to believe that you are having a problem with a specific 3rd party application on your device.  Did you install any applications shortly before the problems started?  Try reloading the OS once again, but this time, avoid reinstalling any extra 3rd party apps and see how the OS holds up.  If you would like to post a list of your installed apps, we can see if there are any that stand out that could be causing these problems.

One other alternative may simply be that your device is running short on memory.  Take a look under Options > Status and see what the available memory is.  If it is under 5MB, that could be the source of the problem.  In that case, consider decreasing how long you keep messages on your phone and avoid storing pictures on the device (if memory serves, pictures are stored in the application memory on the 8700, meaning that the more pictures you have, the less space you have for the device to actually run.

Try that and keep me posted.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Elite I

gpktom wrote:

Hey, I have a Bold 9650 from Sprint. The phone starts to boot up then before the bar loads completely I get a 507 Reload software white screen. Ive downloaded and installed the Device software from Sprints web site, try to get the loader to see the phone but it doesnt work. It seems to only be able to connect to the phone for a slpit second. Jst enough to get the pin. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas? Shame to have such an expensive paper weight. Ive tried all the basics.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Have you been able to resolve the issue?  If not, let me know and I can help walk you through how to get your computer to connect to the device.  The good news is that it is salvagable.  It just takes a couple of extra steps.