Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: How To Search Notes Within Contacts?

Xandrex, it's a year since your post in February 2011 when you said that the "issue has been fixed in OS7". 

I disagree.  I just bought a 9790 with OS7 and I still can't search the Notes in my Contacts.

A BIG disappointment; especially as I upgraded my Blackberry on the basis of your statement.  I wish I'd gone for an iPhone!  Smiley Mad

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello ChrisHughesZA,

I have just tried with my new Bold 9900 and I confirm that this issue is still not fixed in OS7.

It is a pity because this feature works perfectly on my 8900 with OS5.

I have done a search in the AppWorld, and have found one application that allows to do a search on the Notes field of your contacts:
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/40475/

It is a paid app, and I do not know it if is worth the price. Please tell us should you buy it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi...

I have bought the app OldSearch and it is worth the price you pay for it....this is the only way in which one can use the old search feature on the new OS7...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I bought OldSearch today and it works perfectly to search Notes within Contacts. It cost $2.99 billed to my AT&T account.