Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How can I confirm I bought a Authentic BB product and not a counterfeit product accessory?

I recent bought what  thought was a real and authentic black berry product which was a OEM blackberry headset that came with my black berry bold 9000 "I lost my original headset that came with my phone" and went order a new OEM headset from online store. I got what looks like a official packaged OEM package of headphones. but they do not sound or seem as good as my original headsets that came with my bold phone..  Is it possible that its a counterfit? fake chinese made product? IT has printing on the package of a serial#  and bar code on it but it looks like the ink is a bit funky how it was printed.

The serial#88063 24069   and it says model# HDW-15766-005   and Reorder#324069 ?

Does any one know were

I can ask in the support area to find out if they are really OEM blackberry or fake or countefit?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: How can I confirm I bought a Authentic BB product and not a counterfeit product accessory?

You can contact Blackberry Customer Service and ask if the Reseller is authorized, and with the serial number they knows if the item is fake or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

Re: How can I confirm I bought a Authentic BB product and not a counterfeit product accessory?

how can I find the info to contact the customer service you have a link or phone for them? I would greatly appriciate it.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Rim  toll free #: 877-255-2377                     

Thanks,

Bifocals                      

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Bifocals thank you so much.. I will be calling first thing in the morning okay.. Much appreciated.  I will give you the outcome here and also if the product was a chinese fake "Widespread problem these days"  I will let everyone know as well as were I was sold this fake device if it turns up to be fake.