Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 OS 7.1
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

How can I delete Blackberry Messenger on OS 7.1

Hi all,

I wonder if and how I can delete the BBM application from my Bold 9900. As I sometimes receive weird "invitation" messages (even though I never configurated or used the messenger application), I thought it would be best to completely delete the messenger and get rid of any spam messages....

Thanks for your assistance and greetings from Germany,

Gerhard

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How can I delete Blackberry Messenger on OS 7.1

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Nope...under the current release, it is again (it was in the past) a "core" app that is not optional. Perhaps if BBM is updated in the future, then one can do again the trick that used to work (update via AppWorld, then delete from BB). But, for now, it appears that it is not removable (I even tried via the Desktop Software...nope).

There is likely a hybrid trick to remove the applicable COD files from the PC and then load that hybrid OS clean to the BB, which would then exclude the COD files that are BBM...but I've honestly no idea the ultimate impact of that, especially given all of the inter-app integration that has been coming out recently (and, removing a core app is pretty much not something one should do).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 OS 7.1
My Carrier: O2

Hi! Many thanks for your prompt answer...! Cheers, Gerhard

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Gerhard,

Unter Optionen -> Gerät -> Verwaltung der Anwendungen

kannst du den BBM löschen !

LG