11-14-2013 05:57 AM
Hi, new to the forums so first of all a big HELLO to all and looking forward to hopefully sorting out a frustrating issue I have:
I want to load the Thai Language to my Torch 9810 and have tried several routes but can only see Characters added and cannot download the language Can someone please help me.....??????
11-18-2013 11:20 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue. Be sure, when you are selecting the items to install, that you select ALL items that are for your desired language(s).
Good luck and let us know!