Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't register because device is with other service provider

I had the same problem, with the same error message.

I called Rogers (the old company) and they didn't have my phone in their database at all, and they weren't able to do anything to release it. It turns out that in this case AT&T (my company) could just re-register the device. However, I needed both a 3G SIM card and to upgrade my AT&T service to include the Blackberry Service Plan in order to both re-register the device and to receive the registration information from Blackberry/AT&T. I was on the phone with AT&T debugging for a long time because I did not have the 3G SIM card, and their computer systems were not advanced enough to realize that, even though they had the ID number of the old SIM card in their system. Go figure. The way this presented on my phone was that under my signal strength bars, it said "edge" (lowercase") and not "EDGE" uppercase. Debugging was complicated by the fact that I did not understand that capital EDGE was different than lowecase edge.

Anyway, once we figured it out, the AT&T service person put a note on my account that I needed a new SIM card, and I drove to the AT&T store and they gave me a free 3G SIM card. As soon as I booted up with the new SIM card, I saw "EDGE" in caps, and I received the Blackberry Registration messages from the times I did the "Register Now" in the Host Routing Table *after* I had the Blackberry Service Plan with AT&T. I also received error messages for each time I tried the "Register Now" in the HRT before I had the Blackberry Service Plan.

As soon as I got back to me computer, I was able to register for the Blackberry Service Plan without any error messages. When I do the alt + E-S-C-R, the Vendor ID is still 107, which is Rogers, who it was originally sold by. This does not seem to matter at all.

To summarize, for those of you with this problem and with AT&T wireless:

1. Make sure you have a Blackberry Service Plan

2. Check if the word under your signal strength bars is "EDGE" or "edge." If it's "edge," check if your SIM card is 3G or if you're in a place that does not have the real EDGE service. If the problem is your SIM card, get a 3G SIM card from your AT&T store. You may have to contact AT&T service beforehand to get the new SIM card for free.

3. Try to register for the Blackbery Internet Service again.

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

Hi, I need help!

I just bought a curve 8320. My pin is suspended on BIS. I need to find out the previous service provider.

By holding down alt + eace I see that my vendor id is "-1" ! What does it mean??

How can I activate my pin on BIS?

I'm italian, my carrier is TIM.

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

When I moved frome one country to another, I had to change carrier. My new carrier told me to contact the old one and ask them to rease my PIN in order to configure again my email adress in the BB.

I talked with the old carrier but I'm not sure if my PIN is now released, but if it was, what should I do now? Should I click on 'create new account'? because when I try to log in it says 'incorrect user name or password'. I'm SURE the password is correct...maybe I'm not writing the correct user name, but I can't remember any other different from the one I'm writing.

Right now I recieve some emails, but I can't send any. Smiley Frustrated

someone help me please

thanks!

Solutions: 6,394
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you have a new account with the new carrier in the new country?

If you have never created an account with the new carrier, you should contact them directly and have that added.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

when you say account, do you mean an email account?

I didn't create any other because if I´m recieving some emails, I suppose the account is connected to the device, but baybe not propperly installed or configured.

When I call the carrier, what exactly should I ask them to do?

No, do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan with your carrier. It would be an add-on to your voice account, or tariff.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes, i have a BB data plan with my carrier. I can perfectly use BB messenger and send and recieve PIN messages. The problem was with my email account, but a friend helped me renew my password in her BB, with the username I was trying. She could perfectly enter to the email configuration. I dont know why, but i still cant. It keeps on saying that I'm typing the incorrect username or password Anyway, now I'm able to send emails. Thanks for your help

Excellent!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

i have the same problem exept mine is saying that my vendor ID is 1. what do i do?
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Hi,

I know you posted this two years ago, but I am having the same problem now.   I bought my Blackberry Storm 2 Model 9550 in the States in December, but now I live in Germany.  Verizon and I unlocked my phone, and both Verizon and RIM say that I should be able to use my BB anywhere in the world.  My new mobile phone company, o2, says that Verizon must release the phone by clearing the settings (whatever that means) and de-registering the phone.  I can make and receive both phone calls and sms, but cannot connect the BB to the internet at all.  Not even with Wife.  Because I can't get internet on the phone, o2 cannot even send me the Service Books for Germany.  I am out of ideas.

What is the end of your story?  Did you figure it out?  Do you have any advice or people/websites I can turn to?  

Thanks a lot for you time!