Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

How can I regain lost memory?

I have been having issues with memory loss with my Bold for the past year.  With the standard 2mb memory card, I was unable to take pictures when the card became "full".  This continued even after changing the resolution to the lowest setting, and deleting a large number of pictures.  I then got a new 8mb memory card, and have recently noticed I am losing storage space again, even though I have only two pictures saved to the card.  When I check the "Memory use" under the "Media" icon, it shows 7% (2.0MB) free, and 93% (29.9MB) in use by Built-in media storage.  When I check the details, it shows the vast majority of the memory is being used by Pictures (71% 22.9MB).  How can I view and delete these pictures?

I have already gone through the vast majority of the help board results (closed open apps, deleted unused languages and apps, run memory clean up, multiple battery pulls, clearing browser history, clearing phone log).  A few months ago, when I bought the new memory card, I was able to find a posting on either this board, or another board, that showed me how to reclaim a large amount of memory, but I am now unable to find it.  please help!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: How can I regain lost memory?

Also:

Carrier: Sprint

Phone: BB Bold 9650

6.0 Bundle 3049

v6.0.0.706, platform 4.4.0.560