Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

How can I roll back to an earlier version of OS 7 software

Can anyone advise me on how to roll back to an earlier version of OS 7?

I installed v 7.0 Bundle 2406 a few weeks ago and have had constant synch problems since. Most of these I have been able to fix by deleting 'problem' calendar appointments I have identified on the synch log. However, I have no idea how to solve the latest problem (see below). So I give-up and now want to roll back to ealier version which worked fine.

BlackBerry Torch 9860 software v 7.0 Bundle 2406. Windows 7

'An error has occurred during an attempt to access a device database record.'

Details below.

08:46:51.759 Engine waiting for user input - WPF message event raised for messageId 15003 Read 310 records
08:46:51.762 Engine working - message event complete for messageId 15003 Read 310 records
08:46:51.859 CBBTransBase::GoToRecord - Failed to get record FFFFFB45
08:46:51.860 Error Information: 18008 (00004658) (KnownErrorWithLocalizedText), Description: An error has occurred during an attempt to access a device database record., File: .\BBTransBase.cpp, Line: 736
08:46:51.860 CRSyncUtil::GetTranslator : FeedProfileShim2Trans (Loaded Trans) BlackBerry
08:46:51.860 CRSyncUtil::FeedProfileShim2Trans : returns 0
08:46:51.860 CRSyncUtil::LogFatalTransError : 'GoToRecord()' API of 'RimBB' translator for 'Contacts' application returned empty error
08:46:51.860 CBBTransContact::Close - Clean up temporary attachment files for contacts
08:46:51.862 CBBTransBase::Close - Mode: 4
08:46:51.862 CBBTransBase::Close - Committing change-log
08:46:51.862 CBBTransBase::Close - Save device database source information
08:46:51.976 CBBTransBase::Close - Close device database
08:46:51.976 CBBTransChangeLog::Close - Close change log db. Record count: 474. Db File: C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Translators\RimBB\Contract{8BCB53647E24F3BB61A8E73C4FDAB}.adt
08:46:51.990 Enter COLTransBase::Close - Mode - 4
08:46:51.991 End Sync with Error 2

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How can I roll back to an earlier version of OS 7 software

Hello BobB10 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860 smartphone.

It is not recommended to downgrade your software, however, if you wish to do so you will need to consult your mobile carriers download site at www.na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp and see if the previous software version is posted. If so, download and install it to your computer then use the BlackBerry® Desktop Software to install the older software version.

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Orange

I would prefer not to downgrade to an ealier version of the software but unless BlackBerry can answer my request for a solution to the problem then I have no other choice. I am a small new start-up business and am reliant on my Blackberry. I like my phone but I am disappointed with Blackberry customer care. It is poor that there is not a help desk or online help service other than a forum. When my current phone contract expires I will be looking for a company that has a help desk.

Retired

[ Edited ]

-HMthePirate

Retired

Your mobile network provider can offer you technical assistance.

In the event they would need to reach out to RIM then they would transfer you over for additional support and waiving the incident based support fee if you were to call RIM directly. 

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate