Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

How can I send calendar to Excel and back?

I'm pretty sure I learned to do this once but can't find the way again.

I want to export my calendar to Excel, modify a few items, and import it back.

How do I do that?

Contributor

Re: How can I send calendar to Excel and back?

Anyone know?

Surely somebody does this.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

It's been a while, so I'm not sure...but refer:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

While that's for Contacts, it might also work for Calendar in the manner you desire. But, honestly, would it not just be easier to use a desktop organizer app (e.g., Outlook) and synchronize between the two?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re: " But, honestly, would it not just be easier to use a desktop organizer app (e.g., Outlook) and synchronize between the two?"Hmmph. "Honestly" is a bit condescending.

And no, it would be far worse. First, I don't want to buy Outlook. Second, I had Outlook before and it's calendar is as painful to manipulate as BlackBerry's. Fine for people with only few entries I suppose, but if it were a good answer I wouldn't have asked the question. Presumably the software writers provided the options for a reason, I just found some of the steps hard to locate.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Goodness, I'm awfully sorry to have upset you...I did not mean anything condescending in recommending an alternative...and all I meant by the word "honestly" was exactly that...an honest alternative to the process you seek (especially since I cannot find anything specific to what you seek, only something close). I am sorry that you took that so differently than how I intended it.

I also did not state that you must use Outlook (hence the e.g.)...there are other alternatives that are also compatible. But if you don't want to go that way at all, then that is your choice, and it matters not to me one bit. All I can do is try to provide you with information, what you do with it is totally up to you.

I do hope you can find the answer you require, and I again apologize for having communicated so badly to you.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

"KB24488" didn't work. I guess it's too old. None of the options listed are appearing. I hoped maybe just the wording had changed, but then I ran out of options ...

3. Select Address Book. [ I presumed they meant Contacts]

4. Click on Setup [ I presumed they meant Configure ]

5. Select ASCII Importer/Exporter. [ not sure how to select this. Sounds like this was what I want but no way to get to it]

Whatever I tried next ended with errors of file not found.

Hall of Famer III

Well, I don't know what version of the Desktop Software you are running, but that KB does state that it is specific to Desktop Software 6...indeed, starting at version 7, they removed the CSV export tool completely.

In case you need it, here are links to find older versions of the Desktop Software:

Good luck!

Contributor

Ah. That explains it. I knew I used to have a way to do it that I could no longer locate.

I still have my v6 download, and no v7, so I suppose it updated itself at some point.

So thanks for the answer - back out v7.