Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How can I separate phone and email messages?

I am new to the blackberry and do not see a way to separate my phone messages from email messages.  There is an icon for my email inbox (labeled my email address) but these messages also show up under the "messages" icon mixed in between my phone activity.  What I desire is to have only phone messages/activity (missed calls, etc) under one icon, and my email under another icon. 

Is there a way to stop email from showing under the "messages" icon?  Can anyone explain how to do this please?

Regards,  Tim

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How can I separate phone and email messages?

Tim, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Your messages folder will get ALL messages. It is intended for email specifically.

To remove you phone call log messages from your main messages folder, press the green dial key > Menu > Options > Call Logging and set to none.

Then, hide your email-specific icon. Scoll over it (and do not open it) > Menu > Hide.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks a bunch for the info -

This helps me a lot.  I would still prefer to have two separate icons though - one for only phone, and one for only email.  Am I just out of luck, or are you aware of a shareware or aftermarket program that can achieve what I'm looking for?

Regards,  Tim

Highlighted

one4stocks wrote:

Thanks a bunch for the info -

This helps me a lot.  I would still prefer to have two separate icons though - one for only phone, and one for only email.  Am I just out of luck, or are you aware of a shareware or aftermarket program that can achieve what I'm looking for?

Regards,  Tim

hmmm, seems I just gave you the instructions needed for that. ALL of your email will come to the messsages folder.

All of your phone call logs will be listed in the Call Log view, and not in the messages folder.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Finally got it.  Thanks a bunch.

You are very welcome.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Not sure if you are still looking for a 3rd party product to help you with email and phonen logs, but you might take a look at BlackTrack  www.blacktracklog.com  It is also available on AppWorld   It logs, with durations and details, all your phone and email activity and sends you a report either daily or weekly.  Great if you are trying to bill clients or get info for a timesheet.  Plus its free.