Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How can I unlock the camera?

Lately when I pull my BBB from the case the camera is on the screen. Yesterday when I tried to use the camera I got a message to please close all other applications and try again.  As far as I know I don't have any applications open.  How can I get the camera to work again? I am a new user and a bit unfamiliar as to what it is asking me to do.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How can I unlock the camera?

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now try the camera again.

In the future, you should close apps by using the Menu > Close or Exit command. Likewise, to see what is open in the background, you can press ALT + ESCAPE (the key right of the trackball) to switch between open apps.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blacberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind

Hi, I have this problem with the camera, I tried to unlock it that way but it still says "could not start fotocamera.Chiudere other applications before restarting the camera" but in reality I have all the applications closed.
how can I unlock the camera?
Thank you.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tony87 wrote:

Hi, I have this problem with the camera, I tried to unlock it that way but it still says "could not start fotocamera.

Please read the suggestion above your post, first.

Then, post back with details of what apps are running in the background.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code