Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange Romania

How can i found out which is the old service carrier?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

In order to register my BB9900 I need to find out which is the the service carrier used by that person from which I have bought the phone. I cannot find that person anymore so I cannot ask him. 

Can anyone help me ?Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How can i found out which is the old service carrier?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That's a little bit difficult. If the prior user was on the same carrier for which the BB was originally manufactured, then you can find that out from the VendorID hard-coded into the BB. You might be able to check your vendor ID by going to the HelpMe! screen (on some models, that's in Options > Status) and hitting ALT+SHIFT+H. There may be other methods as well (e.g, Hold down the alt key and type the letters R A C E, then let go of the alt key)...I do not know which specific method would work on your BB. But, once you find the VendorID, compare it to one of the many lists available on the internet (2 seconds searching Google should give you plenty of help).

But, again, all that will tell you is the carrier for which the BB was originally manufactured...which may or may not be the carrier on which the prior user was using your BB. Finding that out can be much much more difficult...you might try reviewing the Service Books, the HRT entries, and other things (assuming, of course, the device has not yet already been wiped) to see if you can find any clues. If you can find no on-device clues, then you are at the mercy of your carrier to see if they can use any "back channel" inquiries to find out the information you need (no one here has any such access to look for you).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Re: How can i found out which is the old service carrier?

thanks!