Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

How can i move(select) many photos ???

I want to move 60 photos to a new folder.

Do i have to move them one by one??

Is there any way to selct all 60 photos and move them once??

and how can i selecte 2 or 3 or 4 etc and choose "send as email"??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How can i move(select) many photos ???

Hi!

Not having your model, I'm going to guess that the operation is largely the same.

For your first question, I suggest tethering and using it as a USB drive letter...way too hard to move that much on the device itself. Once done, you can use it as a Windows drive letter with all the select, multiple select, drag, drop, etc. that you are used to. See this article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

For the second question, I don't think you can do it as easily as we'd all like. See this post for what I recommended to another user a bit ago:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=47406#M47406

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

huh??

i wil have to connect my BB to my pc and move phots from pc???

is this the answer??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No no no... you don't have to do it the way I'm suggesting. I'm trying to suggest an alternative that might not be as tedious.

Let me restate my understanding of your question.

You want, on your BB, to move 60 photos from one folder on your BB to another folder on your BB. Right? As such, it's tough to do through the BB interface because it does not, to my knowledge, provide an easy way to select multiple files...you'd have to move them one by one. It can be done...but it's very tedious.

Instead, if you set up your BB to be a USB drive on your PC, you can work with it from your PC and treat it as just another drive letter in your PC. So, for example, say it get's called drive K:. You can then move, on your PC, multiple files all at once from one folder on K: to another folder on K:...but the files would continue to reside on your BB since K: is just the drive letter that Windows is seeing your BB memory as.

Hopefully that clears it up. It's up to you.

• The BB interface = tedious to do what you want
  • The USB drive interface = working with the files just like you do on other drives in Windows.

The choice is yours. And there might be other alternatives...this is just the one that first comes to my mind to help you out.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................