Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globacom

How can i view my blackberry messenger contactson a text file from a previous blackberry backup.

Hi guys, i recently discovered that i lost the bbm pin of some of my contacts. Thankfully, i back up my blackberry regularly via black berry protect and blackberry DM and tried using blackberry backup extractor to extract a previous backup to see if i could view my bbm contacts in excel and retrieve the contacts.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to view them, as it just displayed very few contacts on ms excel and some gibberish on notepad. I would like to know if there is a way to view my complete bbm contacts stored on my blackberry backup on a text file format or in excel.

The other option available to me is to keep restoring my blackberry to previous backups with the hope of retrieving them and this i feel would be very rigorous and could lead me to loosing some newer contacts.

Any help or info on how to go about this is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globacom

Re: How can i view my blackberry messenger contacts on a text file from a previous blackberry backup.

Just a lil extra info; i use blackberry bold 9700.