03-15-2009 04:03 PM
03-15-2009 09:20 PM
05-09-2011 10:20 AM
I have the same problem with my Bold 9700.
"I have set up an email account but deleted this account later. But there is still the empty inbox folder of this deleted account in the list of all folders of my handheld. Does anybody know, how can I delete these folders from the folder list? The email address does not appear in the service book list by the folders are still there.
05-09-2011 10:32 AM
I found the solution:
I just upgraded my BB to OS 6 today and my BB Desktop Software was updated to V 184.108.40.206.
Here's how to get rid of those old email inbox folders
- From the top pull down menu in BB Desktop Software, select DEVICE
- Next select DELETE DATA
- The DELETE DEVICE DATA options memu appears
- Choose SELECTED DATA (rather than ALL DATA)
- Scroll down the list and place a check mark in FOLDERS
- Place a check mark in BACKUP DATA BEFORE DELETING
- Click on the DELETE button.
- After the process has completed, disconnect your handset from the cable and re-boot
- Once rebooted, find the SETUP icon on your handset and Choose EMAIL ACCOUNTS
- Log into the Email Setup on your handset
- Click on the BB Menu button on your handheld
- Scroll down to SERVICE BOOKS and click
- The SEND SERVICE BOOKS menu appears
- Click on the SEND SERVICE BOOKS button
- Service Books will be sent to your handheld
- A handset reboot MAY be required but your old email folders should now be gone, leaving only folders for your existing accounts
You have now completed this operation