Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

How do I add Chinese Language on my Bold 9900

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How do I add Chinese Language on my Bold 9900

Welcome to the forums!

Go to the Options icon on your home screen, then select Typing and Language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Forums Veteran I

This document will give you a little better explanation:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32608/Change_language_70_1658392_11.jsp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

I got that.  but there is no Chinese Language for me to change to.  I think it needs to add this language to OS7.0 before I can choose it.

Contributor

there is no Chinese Language for me to select. It needs to add Chinese Language to OS 7.0 first. Currently, there is only English and Spanish.
Forums Veteran I

Okay, sorry about that.  Misread your original post.

You will need to have the current version of your device OS installed on your PC, as well as Desktop Manager.

Here is the latest multilanguage OS from Turkcell, which should have Chinese.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=3A15C7D0BBE60300A39F76F8A5BA...

Once you've installed the OS, launch Desktop Manager and follow these instructions:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17208

Contributor

Thanks for the lead! 

I think your lead might work.  But it is a 220MB package to download.  I was never able to download successfully.  I have tried couple of days and give up. 

So sorry that I didn't get back to you early to Thank You. 

Forums Veteran I

Hello again!

In case there's a misunderstanding, you need to download that OS (the 220mb package) onto your PC, not your device.  Then follow the instructions in the links above to get the language packages installed to your device.

Contributor

Understood!  I just tried the link again, and don't find the multilanguage OS 7 anymore.

Forums Veteran I

???  I'm there right now and it's showing.

Anyway, there's a newer release from Vodafone DE.  Hopefully this one has what you need as well.

http://www.vodafone.de/business/blackberry-support/blackberry-bold-9900.html