08-13-2013 01:04 PM
I have a little problem.
On my phone, I only have French, English and Arabic.
In my old blackberry, i had more than 10 languages, and I don't know what's wrong with this one.
How do I add Turkish language ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-13-2013 02:05 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Language availability on your BB is a multi-step process:
If you need help with any of those steps, please let us know!
08-13-2013 05:37 PM
08-14-2013 02:53 PM
Because you said in your first post: "Install, as per the above KB, a BB OS package onto your BB which includes the language(s) you desire" From where do i have to download it ?
08-14-2013 05:24 PM
Ahhh...OK...it's the BB OS package you want to download, not the KB (as you said). OK...sorry I got confused there.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
08-15-2013 10:12 AM