Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve

How do I add media to my blackberry device without un-syncing other media?

Hi, I am having a problem with the desktop software. Whenever I use it it un-syncs my music from my device and tries to re-sync music from my computer to my device. What I want it to do is display songs on device separate from computer media and not re-sync media from my computer on my device. IOW: I add a song to my device, I un-plug my blackberry, re-plug it in, and the music is under installed media, if I re-sync a playlist it will not delete old media it will sync this playlist and if the files are the same it will ask me to copy and replace or keep both files.

This seems simple and has worked like this for all my other devices (mp3 players...) but how the heck do I do this WITH MY BLACKBERRY? Is there ANOTHER program I can get that separates installed device media from computer media so that if I re-sync it won't delete songs at all from my blackberry. Also if I remove songs from my computer they won't be deleted from my device?

PLEASE POST IF THERE IS A BETTER PROGRAM TO USE OR IF THIS IS POSSIBLE WITH BLACKBERRY DESKTOP MANAGER! I am sick and tired of having to re-sync media onto my device every time I plug it in to back it up. I don't want it to try and re-sync old media because if I deleted the media from my CPU it deletes from my device and I don'y want it to add/delete music from my device unless I tell it to do so.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: How do I add media to my blackberry device without un-syncing other media?

Hi Radical924,

Welcome to the Support Community!

To prevent your media from synchronizing automatically when you connect your BlackBerry® Curve™ smartphone to backup your data, please open the BlackBerry® Desktop Software with your BlackBerry® Curve™ smartphone connected, and under Device, select Device Options. Under "When I connect my device", please uncheck the Media Files checkbox.

Instead of synchronizing your media using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and overwriting media currently on the media card, you may want to try manually transferring the media. One of the following KB articles provides the instructions.

"How to manually transfer files between a BlackBerry smartphone and a Windows computer" http://bbry.lv/PEMzyq

"How to manually transfer files between a BlackBerry smartphone and a Macintosh computer" http://bbry.lv/J9AMal

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!