04-16-2013 09:48 AM
04-16-2013 11:59 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I don't know what OS I am running. I need to know so I can get choose what way to download Premium Documents to Go.
KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone
The device is slow now and sometimes does not complete searches on calendar. How do I updgrade OS? I couldn't find it on app world.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!