Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: fido

How do I clear / delete enterprise account?

Hi.  I haven't used my blackberrt since I worked for a previous employer.  At that time the blackberry (mine) accessed both my personal email account and the company enterprise account.  I haven't worked there for about 18 months.  Just decided to use my blackberry for personal use again and even though I'm connected to a network, when I check service status it says not connected for both blackberry internet service and blackberry enterprise service.  My own email address is correct - although the password has changed (when using desktop) since then.

Question:

1.  Is it possible the old enterprise account is the problem?  If so, how do I clear it?

2.  Any other suggestions?

3.  Would returning to factory settings solve this or just complicate things.

All input welcome.  Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I clear / delete enterprise account?

Returning to factory settings would clear this. A security wipe is the only way to remove an IT policy.

To save me some typing, I'll just tell you to do a security wipe. If you need instructions on how to do so, post back and I'll list them. 

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How do I clear / delete enterprise account?

Hey Bill,

Actually, a security wipe doesn't remove the IT policy.  You have to do a "resettofactory."

Here's the easiest way.  Be sure you make a backup first if there's any data you want saved.

Install JL_Cmder to your PC

Connect the BB device to the PC.  Open JL_Cmder

Choose the "ResetToFactory" option.  Type "blackberry" if asked to confirm.

Allow the device to wipe and reset. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!