Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Bell

How do I clear my voice mail notification

My phone still has the voicemail notification on my front screen and it's driving me crazy. I've deleated all of my messages but it still won't go away. Is there any way that I can just clear it.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I clear my voice mail notification

Make sure your voicemail inbox is empty.  Next, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.  Those two actions combined should clear the notification from your homescreen.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I've tried it twice and I'm still having the same problem. I also double checked my messages again.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Are you sure it's a voicemail notification?

If you see that you've received a message but you're not sure exactly what it is or where to find it, try the following.

Open your Messages folder, click the BB menu key and select View Folder.  Any message notification you see on your homescreen should have the associated message in one of these folders.  If you look through each folder, you should be able to find any message and can therefore delete it.

One other thing you can try is to delete your call logs.  To do this, press the green phone button to open your phone app.  Now click the icon at the top that has the two arrows pointing to and from the phone.  This will list all recent phone activity.  On your keypad, press and hold the upper case key, which is to the immediate left of the number '0'.  While holding that down, scroll through the list with your trackpad.  This will highlight all your calls.  You can now press the menu key and select Delete to delete them all.

It might not help but hey, it'll clear up your phone a bit.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for your help but it's still a issue http://twitpic.com/4m6xwy . Any other recomendations.

My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same issue...no messages but still showing I have one.