Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: not applicable
Accepted Solution

How do I delete this Blackberry Messages Folder?

Hi there,

I have my email configured on my device and of course the sms folder that comes on the blackberry. They are enough for me.

I want to delete the Messages folder that merges sms and email, because I'm tired of having to go into it just to click on messages to make them "read" so the notification goes away. All I need is my email folder and I'm happy with the sms folder being separate.

Is there a way of deleting this merged folder directly from my device? Any tips would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I delete this Blackberry Messages Folder?

[ Edited ]

Yes, certainly.

Open your Messages folder > options > messages integration and you can set your SMS to appear in the messages folder or not.

Article ID: KB14105 Email messages received on the BlackBerry smartphone through an integrated account are also showing in the Messages folder

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering, though, how to delete the entire messages folder from my blackberry. It's just a duplicate of what I get in my email inbox folder and in my sms folder, so I want to remove the whole thing if possible.

Any ideas on how this can be done? Thanks!

Well, it's not a duplicate set of messages. It is the same. It's all explained in the link.

Note: Although the email messages are found in both folders, they are not duplicates. If an email message is deleted from the folder for an integrated account, it will be deleted from the Messages folder and vice versa.

And, in the link it is explained HOW to remove those email messages from that integrated Messages folder.

1. Go into the Messages Icon
  2. Click the Menu Key
  3. Go to Options
  4. Click on Inbox Settings or Inbox Management
  5. Uncheck the accounts you no longer want to have in your Messages list
  6. Click Menu and then Save

In short, you cannot completely delete that folder. Hide it ignore it.

You will at some point get a PIN message or other notification (such as an application upgrade message) and will be looking for where it's located, and it will be in that folder.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Ok, so I didn't manage to delete the Messages folder but I have found a way to disable emails and sms from showing in it:

Messages folder > Options > Inbox Management, and disable emails and text messages from showing. This effectively "switched off" the folder so it's no longer active and creating notifications for emails and texts I have already seen in their respective folders.

Thanks JSanders for your help!

Yep, that's how it's done, just as explained in the link.

Knowledge Base Updates