Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: at&t

How do I get Text message icon back on phone?

Hi, I have a BBold. I must have hit something which removed the text message icon. I don't know if I have any text messages unless I go to messages> view saved messages>View folder> and hit sim inbox. Then i can view my text messages until I hit some other button. Then I have to go through process again to get them back.  How do I get the icon back on phone?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I get Text message icon back on phone?

Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software. You might be able to just click Applications and check the box beside Text Messages (if one even exists...it's been a while since I've looked). If not then click Device at the top of the software then click Restore and load the most recent backup file which will restore your icon.

Let us know if that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: How do I get Text message icon back on phone?

BillJ,

I'm not a tech person. I don't even know how to plug Blackberry into my PC. There should some way to put the text icon back using only the phone.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Bondit