Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

How do I get pictures off my phone...

..with a USB cable. ?.

I have a Mac and need to get my pictures off of my phone.  I have downloaded Desktop Manager but can't seem to find an option to synch/transfer my photos.   Is there a way??  There are far too many picture to email them one by one.  Or, at the very least put the pictures onto my SIM card.  The phone needs to be replaced.  

HELP, please.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I get pictures off my phone...

HIYA !!

You have 2 options really. First off you need to have DM with the media manager options. If you do not, you can download it free. After that, you can sync via media manager. Second options is accessing your device as any other external harddrive (as long as it is in mass storage mode) and transfering them out that way aswell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I downloaded the DM but the only Media option was for Music, not for photos.  

And how does one find out if the pictures in one's Blackberry Curve are in "mass storage mode"?  I shot about 300 photos in Italy, when my camera died.  It will cost me a huge amount to send by emaill, and take forever.  

Is there a new BB that has better Photo synching built in?  I would buy it as I prefer the pix that the BB takes over my expensive camera.

Appreciate ANY HELP!  

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe Telecom-PH

Hi, First off, the pictures that you wanna transfer, where is it saved? On your device or memory card?

If its in the device - go to Media>picture>then highlight all the pictures that needs to be transferred, then hit menu>move then select memory card. Now, if it's in the memory card already here's what you should do. Connect your BB to your mac and then go to finder. You'll see it under the Device on the left pane of the finder window. (Just treat it like any mass storage.) click on it to show the files inside it,,, you know the rest. Smiley Happy 

veni, vidi, vici

-----------------------
 veni, vidi, vici 
http://twitter.com/klintoncloud
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Alltel

First off, RIM ought to be ashamed of themselves. They provide answers in their support that are false and misleading.

You cannot get your pictures off your internal memory of your **bleep**-berry unless you want to Bluetooth 120 pictures to yourself or email 120 pictures to yourself.

If I am wrong please tell me how. I am so disappointed with this "absolutely useless dumbphone" I own, yes a blackberry curve.

I have a iMac, downloaded DM 2.0, and you cannot get your pictures off of this unless they are on an SD card, or unless you want to do as I described above.

Secondly, the support heads at RIM tell you that you can turn on Mass Storage on your **bleep**-berry and that it will show up as a mass storage device on your MAC - WRONG! It will not show up.

Everyone who is an expert, including the RIM jocks, need to belly up to the bar and get their **bleep**-berry devices up to speed with the rest of the world.

DRAG AND DROP FOLKS, that should be abc for these developers. OMG, I cannot believe it is so difficult.

Look at all the people asking for this simple, SIMPLE, SIMPLE, app for their **bleep**-berry and the RIM Jocks haven't yet provided it.

PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OnceURListening,

Wow...just wow...

OnceURListening wrote:

They provide answers in their support that are false and misleading.

Please clarify that statement. If, by that statement, you are saying that answers here in these forums are anything to do with formal RIM support, then you are wrong. These forums are volunteer-contributed user-to-user forums where folks try to help out other kind souls to the best of their ability. Given the very nature of it (you know, that human element Robot wink ), there are times when someone indeed will have (and share) inaccurate information...

OnceURListening wrote:

If I am wrong please tell me how. I am so disappointed with this "absolutely useless dumbphone" I own, yes a blackberry curve.

On MAC, I can't tell you...perhaps someone in the MAC section of our forums can help you:

If you ask kindly, I know for a fact that there are many volunteers with lots of accurate information out there who want to help.

As for PC, it absolutely works. When I tether, I receive two additional drive letters in my Windows session, one representing Device Memory and the other representing the Media Card. I can treat both as USB drives, dragging and dropping to my hearts content.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

No offense to all the fine folks in the forum, but let's get real about the situation. This is about RIM not doing there job and for the last 5 years, as far as I can see the requests, people have been asking for a drag and drop app for their BumBerries. Guess what? They had one for Windows and got rid of it.

.....and yes, the technical docs produced by RIM make no mention of the requirement for a Media Card when discussing how to get your pics off your dingle-berry.

Like you, my time is valuable. For the last six hours I have been searching and trying to find a way to get my valuable pictures off my phone. They are pictures of my newborn, and many of her first six months of life. I was told by the slippery sales guy at Alltel all you had to do is connect it to any PC or MAC and everything just drags and drops. Not so.

After much searching, I finally found a thread about an old Blackberry Desktop Management App v4.7 that actually has a media manager (Roxio App) for Windows. Nothing, nothing did I find for MAC, anywhere. So at this point, there is nothing as far as my eyes can see to access, then drag and drop any media from the installed memory to a MAC.

So, I had to go fire up my old dell desktop with Windows XP and download v4.7 because after this version RIM did away with their media manager for the desktop app. Yikes! What cubicle jockey or management magnet made that decision??????

To be honest, I have had, and do have PCs, iMac, Airbook, and have been around this world a long time. Drag and drop apps are assumed and that is why all the threads on the net scratching their heads looking for this simple app.

When my contract is up, this will go in the drink and anyone I disgust this with will get an absolute NO to Blackberry.

RIM is another Microsoft in the making, they will flame out just like Microsoft because they were so arrogant they thought they knew better than the customer. This kind of thing is totally inexcusable and very deceitful.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Oh I see now...your main intent here is to rant and rail at RIM and how they are failing and going to wind up in the dustbin of the earth yada yada yada. OK...I can respect that...but I won't participate...trust me, I've heard and seen it all on these forums...it's not a new discussion at all...and when I see posts such as yours, I know full well that any true discussion cannot be held as your mind is already made up and shall not be swayed. So we'll skip over that.

You went around in several circles there...as I said, the current Desktop Software for PC has full USB drive emulation and provides the ability to drag and drop. As such, there is no need for the old Roxio Media Manager since drag and drop achieves the same end (BB to PC...and there remains a media transcoding capability to move media from PC to BB and optimize it for use on that BB...again, negating Roxio).

So I'm not at all sure what you mean when you say that drag and drop was removed...it was not. It still exists today, with the most recent version of the PC Desktop Software. That said, there certainly exists the possibility that some configuration item is preventing it from working in your case...but, since your primary purpose is not diagnosing and resolving this specific issue, we'll just skip over it.

As for MAC, that as well provides an ability to move media files from a BB to a MAC...but, again, you seem to not want to actually work on that either, so pointing you to this KB is probably useless:

• KB24668Importing Pictures and Videos with BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0 for Mac

Have a good day.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

First off, I have a dingleberry curve. Your kb article is the exact article that fails to point out the requirement for a media card. Thanks for posting that. Also, you don't have a mac so you don't know. I was a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and also am very adept at mac troubleshooting. The most recent version of this software DOES NOT allow you to drag and drop your files from the installed memory to any app - as soon as you click on pictures, it immediately tells me I don't have a media card installed. I guess this article doesn't point out the same either?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Media-Sync-cannot-access-photos-i...

Bottom line, it should not be that hard, this is ABC development and RIM missed the row boat.

Hall of Famer III

Well, because I felt like I wanted to know for sure, I just removed my Media Card and validated that, via PC/Windows, one still gets the single drive letter added into Windows for Device Memory and can still drag and drop at will as a USB drive. So I know that for the PC it functions as intended -- at least on my model BB.

But, that thread (decidedly not an "article"...those would be something different) is an excellent find! However, it does pre-date the MAC 2.0 software that just came out...are you trying with that or an older version? (Please do let me know the outcome of this, especially if you are going to now shift to 2.0 and let me know if it works now, for your results may change how I approach this further) Nevertheless, it would have been a challenge for me to find since, by citing that article, you are now implying (unless I've missed it, it's not fully stated) that you have an 8110...much more specific than "Curve". As with all things, the ability to assist is only enhanced by further details.

I'm also not sure if you are still talking about the PC or MAC software...which indeed do things differently. But, if you (and that thread) are talking about the KB article being inaccurate (or at least not fully disclosing limitations -- assuming this indeed does not work under 2.0), then you are indeed correct and that is a deficiency that RIM should address (and hopefully shall if I am successful at putting the correct "bug" into the correct "ear"...which is pending the outcome of your attempts with 2.0).

Again, however, if you wish to pursue assistance with the MAC desktop software, I advise you to use that forum as that's where the MAC experts hang out.