Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I get rid on an old email account?

I recently purchased a replacement blackberry on ebay. The person who sold it to me deleted nothing from 'her' unit before she sent it, so I had every contact, every email, all her pictures, ringtones, and any other pertanant personal information she ever had sent to me with a bow on it. I'm glad I'm honest, she better be too. What my problem is I can't seem to get rid of the email account that came with the device. All the mail has been deleted and the icon is still on the desktop and to the best of my knowledge I've deleted everything I can find. If I goto setup and email, it asks me if I want to create and account, where the @#$%%^ is the delete and how do get her garbage off my desktop?   Thanks...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Onyx

Re: How do I get rid on an old email account?

You can go to Option > security option > general setting then press  menu once you should have Wipe handheld selection. Addtional information for you, have you double checked with your seller that she have release her pin? Else you might still receive it in future. And you will not be able to register to your network if the  pin is still stuck on her operator
Contributor
My Device: BOLD - Vodafone

Re: How do I get rid on an old email account?

The previous suggestion is to wipe the Blackberry into original format.

But if you want just delete some account... you can try this:

1. Go to OPTIONS --> ADVANCED OPTIONS --> Service Books

2. You find what email that you want to delete.

For example: if you have xxx@gmail.com then there will be: xxx@gmail.com [CICAL] and xxx@gmail.com [CMIME]

Then you delete both by press Menu and choose DELETE.

Hope my information can help you.