Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I merge data from an older ipd file into my current Calendar?

Somehow I've lost all Calendar entries earlier than Aug 11/07, leaving me with 1956 entries. I have an ipd file from April 14/09 with 3746 Calendar entries under Calendar - All, so I'm guessing it has the remainder of my data.

Ideally I'd like to merge my current Calendar with the one from the ipd file in a way that eliminates duplicates - data from Aug 11/07-April 14/09 will be duplicated if I just clone both of them into a single Calendar. Any suggestions on how to do that?

I tried Backup/Restore > Advanced, but it told me the entries from the ipd file would REPLACE my current Calendar entries, and I don't want to lose everything from April 14/09 onwards.

I do sync to Outlook 2003 via DM, so I guess I could do the REPLACE, then a 2 way sync to Outlook, but then I'd have the duplicates I'd mentoned. I can live with that if I need to, but would prefer something cleaner. Any ideas?

As backgrond, I'm running a Storm 9530 with .122 and DM 5.1.1.11 (latest Telus releases).

Thanks for your help - R.