Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I permanently delete downloads and games from my BlackBerry Bold 9700?

When I click on them, I have to individually download each (the phone just comes with the links/logos), but I only have use for one game and three downloads (starred). How do I get rid of the rest in my games and downloads folders? I've tried deleting them with BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but the links/logos still show up... The games I have: Brick Breaker* Tony Hawk Vert Guitar Hero 5 Mobile Bubble Bash 2 Brain Challenge Vol. 2 Tetris Demo Where's Waldo? Demo Need for Speed Shift Demo PAC-MAN / Ms. PAC-MAN DEMO Texas Hold'Em King 2 Word Mole Sudoku Klondike The downloads I have: Twitter MySpace AccuWeather.com Premium v4.0 nuTsie Music PrimeTime2Go TeleNav GPS Navigator ToneMaker Demo Traffic Try AllSport GPS Facebook* T-Mobile My Account WHERE Save Photos BlackBerry App World* Slacker Radio*
New Contributor

Re: How do I permanently delete downloads and games from my BlackBerry Bold 9700?

Oops: I meant to have the lists go down. Sorry, I'm new to this forum.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I permanently delete downloads and games from my BlackBerry Bold 9700?

If you go to your Settings and then go to "Applications" you can get the entire list of apps on your device. From there you can decide which apps you would like to delete. You may have to reboot your device.... I just wanted to give you a heads up!

Hope this helps!

Jim

@friskycashew
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
I forgot about that! But, I just tried, and only about five of the games/downloads were removable. Texas Hold'Em King 2 Word Mole Sudoku Klondike Twitter
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Also check the "My World" section of App World. You can delete apps from there, and you can also archive them to the memory card. See if the rest can be deleted from there!

Let me know!

@friskycashew
New Contributor

I'm fairly sure (from memory) that the only applications that show up on My World are the ones that you have directly downloaded from App World. At this point, I don't even have App World installed.
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers wireless

this is my problem too.

i wana delete the demos like bubble bash

the only options i get when i press the berry button are

switch app, hide, move, move to folder and call voicemail

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Everybody please check:

• Homescreen > Options > (Advanced Options in some OS levels) > Applications

If the app you are questioning does not appear on that list(s), then they are not installed. Rather, they are shortcut "teaser" icons, pushed to you, that entice you to install those apps. You pretty much can't get rid of them; the carriers and others have the right to push them to you. What I do is to create a homescreen folder called "Spare Icons" (some call it "Junk") and move them all to that folder, out of my way. You can also hide them, but my preference is to put them in that folder.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................