Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

How do I prevent Email Spam?

I am getting a  lot of email spam thru to my Blackberry on two email accounts.

When I go to my webmail, they are being filtered out, as I have a filter that deletes them straight away based on keywords, but it seems the moment they hit the web server, whether or not they are filtered out, Blackberry gets them.

How do I stop this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I prevent Email Spam?

Hello,

If this is BES, then talk to your BES admins about implementing "Hard Deletes".

If this is BIS, you can replicate your filter in BIS:

• KB28151 How to add a filter from the BlackBerry smartphone for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Depending on your integration method (IMAP, POP, OWA), you may be able to activate deleted item reconciliation:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Note carefully though that often achieving an item removal from the BB (where capable) requires the item to reside on the server "Deleted Items" or equivalent folder...a hard delete on the server will usually not result in the ability of BIS to reconcile the server-based deletion back to the BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................