Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I rate or review an app?

Thank you very much! Just a quick question, how long is going to take to t erase the review?  Because I am lookig at the post right in this moment Smiley Sad

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers and TELUS

It usually takes up to 24 hours for the review to be flushed - I'll check first thing in the morning to make sure it's gone for good.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your help!! You´re very kind!!! Smiley Happy

Have a great day, because I will Smiley Happy

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Hi Alex,
Would I be able to have a review removed as well by any chance?
It's for the Grindr app and it was posted on July 3rd - titled "Very Frustrating and Disappointing"

Many thanks in advance!
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: att

Hi,

One question here, any possible way to integrate with Appworld, especially the rating function?

gg
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello gzhang,

I am sorry I do not understand your question.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

I submitted a (negative) rating for an app yesterday that I paid for and that never worked (I mean, not at all, not "it didn't work well".  In fact, when I tried to use it, it would freeze my phone and require a battery pull every single time).  However, I was never able to see the review I'd written.  My phone (and App World on my computer) both tell me that I've posted a review.  But when I look up the app (on my phone, or on App World), it says there have been zero reviews.  So on the one hand, it tells me I've already written a review.  On the other, the app says it has no reviews.

Please explain.  What am I missing?

Guru I

hello TAdvisorKing,

which app ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

The app is called the "counter ultimate".  It purports to be a hand-counter app (e.g., count pitches at a ball game, or count people entering a community event).  It is completely useless.  It freezes my BB requiring a battery pull every time.  This isn't an intermittent problem or a problem that arises after a certain amount of usage.  It freezes immediately upon the first attempt to use it.

I "posted" a review, but it never showed up.  Later I read that none of the BB Appworld reviews are genuine -- at least not in the sense that there is a balance of positive and negative because the app owner can choose to delete any negative reviews (thus leaving only the positive ones, or no reviews at all if there are no positive ones).

Guru I

are you referring to this app ?

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26018/?lang=en

it has no review for now, so this is not specifically a good thing.

as for reviews, I do see a lot of apps with a lot of bad rating. I know the software editor is able to remove comments, but based on a regular screening no insults, no strong words and so on).
 But the comments are by default automatically accepted.

so if your comment did not appear immediately, I suggest you write another one, with only proper words. Your comment should appear immediately.

that being said, what I would do if I had bought that app, and if it did not work, is not write a review, but rather contact the developper and tell him my thoughts and ask him to fix this. There is an email on the link I gave you.