03-25-2012 03:21 PM
Try the following -
1. Connect your smartphone to your computer.
2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Back up.
3. Do one of the following:
• To back up all your smartphone data or tablet data, click Full.
• To back up all your smartphone data except for email messages, click Quick.
• To select which types of smartphone data or tablet data to back up, click Custom. Select the check box next to the data you want to back up.
4. If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
5. Do any of the following:
• To change the default name for the backup file, in the File name field, type a new name.
• To encrypt your data, select the Encrypt backup file check box. Type a password.
• To save your settings so that you aren't prompted to set these options again when you back up your smartphone or tablet, select the Don't ask for these settings again check box.
6. Click Back up.
Apart from the above steps you won't be able save text messages in your desktop/laptop.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
10-04-2012 12:30 PM
If you have already backed up your Blackberry, how do you access the information afterwards?
I have a Mac and I'm not sure the Desktop software is the same or has the same functionality as the Windows counterpart - some directions I have tried to follow in the past haven't been the same for Mac.