Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

How do I send pictures from iPhoto to my Bold via Bluetooth?

I was able to send photos from my Bold to my Mac via Bluetooth.  When I try to send a file from my Mac to my Bold, I get an error message reading "This device does not have the necessary services."  Maybe I'm just clueless, but regardless, I can't figure it out myself.  Any tips?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

Re: How do I send pictures from iPhoto to my Bold via Bluetooth?

When your on the Bold have you enabled the "Recieve using Bluetooth" option from the Media menu? You also need to have paired the Mac with the Bold.

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!
My Device: Not Specified

Ugh, I thought that had worked, but now after asking me to accept the MacBook connection, where to store the file and what to call it, it says "Transfer failed" on my Bold, and "Transfer Failed: the connection failed" on my MacBook.  This is so frustrating; there has to be one more simple thing to fix!  The devices are paired.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

That's strange because it works with mine. Right, try deleting the pairing on both the Mac and the Bold. (Mac - Settings/Bluetooth/ select BlackBerry 9000 (or whatever your device is called) then press the minus button. BlackBerry - Connections/Bluetooth Options (make sure Bluetooth is on) and go to Macbook and delete)

Now pair using the Bluetooth menu on the Mac but on the BlackBerry go to Media, then Recieve using Bluetooth (sounds weird, but its how i did it)

Pair up using the code (also try setting the Internet Connection up, dunno if that would help it or not) then see if that works

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!