Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: US Cell
Accepted Solution

How do I stop Facebook notifications?

I upgraded to v5 last week. I never used to receive notification (FaceBook icon on home page) when someone replied to a post, or tagged me, etc.

How do I shut that notification off? My Facebook is NOT that important. I'd prefer to not delete the app, but I can't find an option anywhere to stop notifying me of stupid insignificant updates on Facebook. If I have to delete the app, I will, but I do like having it from time to time.

Thanks!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I stop Facebook notifications?

Are these notifications coming to your messages folder?

Facebook > Options > UNcheck BlackBerry Message application.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]

Easist way it to visit your Facebook page, click on "my account", then "notifications" and uncheck or check what type of communications you want, then click on "mobile" and do the same.

New Contributor

No, they're not in the messages folder.

The notification is on the home page. It has the facebook icon. To clear it I have to go to my facebook app, open it, and then go to notifications, and mark them as read.

I have shut off all SMS notifications from FB way back when. That stuff was annoying!

Open your device Profiles > Set Ringtones/Alerts > Other > Facebook and set all the Facebook notifications to silent or as you prefer.

That way you won't hear any notifications.

Now, if you don't want to see the Facebook icon with the star on it, move it to another folder (like your Applications folder, or whatever folder you prefer.

That way you won't have to see the Facebook icon with the new message notification. And, you can go use Facebook when you feel like it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

JSanders wrote:

Open your device Profiles > Set Ringtones/Alerts > Other > Facebook and set all the Facebook notifications to silent or as you prefer.

That way you won't hear any notifications.

Now, if you don't want to see the Facebook icon with the star on it, move it to another folder (like your Applications folder, or whatever folder you prefer.

That way you won't have to see the Facebook icon with the new message notification. And, you can go use Facebook when you feel like it.

I have the audio notifications shut off, but that would have been driving me nuts as well.

I have the facebook app shortcut off the home page. It is down in the apps folder. The notification I'm talking about it on the home screen though, on the top. Right next to where I get the little mail icon. Just to the  right of where I set which ringing profile I'm on and where battery life is displayed. It is a little tiny facebook icon.

It is not a folder with the asterisk on it to show that I have new notifications in the folder / app. It is a different icon on the top of the screen in the top banner with an asterisk on it. Between the clock and where I choose my ringer profile.  If I knew how to take a screen shot I would.

I don't think you can singularly disable that. Not that I know of.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Have you tried making sure you log out of the App instead of just closing it? Usually, if you're logged out you won't get notifications unless you set up for notifications to be sent to your phone in Facebook.

KaeBerry wrote:

Have you tried making sure you log out of the App instead of just closing it? Usually, if you're logged out you won't get notifications unless you set up for notifications to be sent to your phone in Facebook.

Thank you. Logging out of the application is a perfect solution.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

That works. Thanks!

Shoddy app in my opinion if I can't control when it notifies me of things though.