Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT & T
Accepted Solution

How do I synch my new BB device to my old BB data on Desktop?

I recently lost my BB Bold and received a Torch as a replacement.  I would like to switch to this new device, including moving all the contacts, calendar, photos, etc., which were on my Bold onto the Torch.  I had backed up my Bold onto the desktop BB software.  When I attempted to switch devices, I was prompted to connect my current device to the desktop.  Needless to say, that's impossible.

Is there a way I can do this?  Thanks for your help.

Frustrated quasi-luddite.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I synch my new BB device to my old BB data on Desktop?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Since you did a backup, you can perform a restore:

• KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Good luck

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT & T

Great! Worked very well!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Excellent! Enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: ATT

This question is very similar to mine, I just lost a blackberry curve(8300?), but had it backed up on desktop manager 4.2.2.10; now I want to restore my contacts etc to my new blackberry 3G, but my existing software doesn't recognize the 3G.  If I download and install the 6.02 desktop manager, will I lose my ability to restore my saved data in the old software?

Hall of Famer III

cp123 wrote:

This question is very similar to mine, I just lost a blackberry curve(8300?), but had it backed up on desktop manager 4.2.2.10; now I want to restore my contacts etc to my new blackberry 3G, but my existing software doesn't recognize the 3G.  If I download and install the 6.02 desktop manager, will I lose my ability to restore my saved data in the old software?

Hi there,

You shouldn't. The newer desktop software should be able to read the older IPD file and restore your data to your new BB. Be sure to have a safe backup copy of that IPD file just in case. Something you may need to do is to check if you have any device software installed to your PC...be sure to remove that, then proceed with updating the desktop software to the newest version, and then attempting the restore. You definitely should do a selective restore IMO -- only those databases you require (e.g., messages, contacts, calendar, etc.)...restore as few as possible and then configure the new BB manually.

Good luck!